Note to New Members ×

Anyone near Sundown Mtn?? Dubuque Iowa

ajcannon

Yeah that's right...Iowa...and I did call it a mountain :)

Seriously though. I've got a new carving deck coming my way in the mail, and I'd like to try it out next weekend at Sundown in Dubuque IA.

Anyone in the Iowa area looking to do a day trip on Saturday or Sunday next weekend??

BJVIRCKS: you interested...I noticed you were from nearby.

Just wondering how many (if any) boarders are in my area.

Yeah... I'm here in Cedar Rapids. Great area to carve, eh? I know there is another guy here in CR who hardboots and instructs over at Chestnut, near Galena, IL. We should try to get together sometime.

EDIT: next weekend sounds like a possibility... I just remembered I may be going there with my girlfriend, her kids and their friends. It's in the planning stage.

Brad

Brad,

Well hopefully we'll both get up there next weekend. I've got this new board supposedly coming in from Canada, and I've got some issues yet with getting it set up (I need some 4-hole discs for my burton plate bindings). Assuming I can get a couple of those, I'll be up there next weekend.

Good to know someone is in the area. Thanks for the reply. I wonder if anyone else is out there. -Adam

Do you have any other gear to ride if you cannot get your carving board set up? I can't help you out with the 4x4 Burton disks but I do have a Burton Omen 168 (big mtn freeride) that would accept your(3D disk?) plates. Presently it is set up with softboot bindings.

If you hope for fresh crepes with maple syrup at the hill for breakfast you'd better make them yourself :rolleyes:

My ride up to Sundown may be quite crowded with people & gear.

Me (skis & board)

girlfriend (skis & board)

gf son 1 (board)

son1 friend (board)

gf son 2 (skis & board)

son 2 gf (board)