Note to New Members ×

Mustang Powder

P06781

Just got back from 4 days of Cat boarding in the monashee mountains in BC. We had great snow everyday with some new fluff every night. This place definately rocks with awesome terrain and excellent lodging. They have 2 cats with 12 guests each . Our cat had about 1/2 snowboaders with 3 on alpine setups (radair 187, Inca 178, osin 178). My tanker outfloated most everyone including the skiers and guides. I have lots of pics and some excellent video. Anyone know how to post the video easily?

We are looking to book again next year and it would be cool to ride in a alpine only cat. We need only 9 more !! :) Let me know if you are interested for 2007.

http://www.mustangpowder.com/home.html

Jim

post-219-141842211019_thumb.jpg

post-219-141842211021_thumb.jpg

post-219-141842211022_thumb.jpg

Guest thomas_m

I'm definitely interested. My #1 goal this year was to ride more & harder powder so that I'd be good enough to really enjoy a cat trip next season.

Actually, that was my goal last season but you and the rest of the PacNW crew know how that went...

I still need to get down there for a big-board fiesta at MHM sometime.

T.

I'm definitely interested. My #1 goal this year was to ride more & harder powder so that I'd be good enough to really enjoy a cat trip next season.

Actually, that was my goal last season but you and the rest of the PacNW crew know how that went...

I still need to get down there for a big-board fiesta at MHM sometime.

T.

I will email you when we get some dates. We have been going Jan 2-5 the last 2 years but are open for other dates. We drive from pdx and could carpool with anyone on the way up. It takes about 10hrs from portland. You will have no problems if you bring some ski poles in case you fall at the wrong time.

Video link http://home.comcast.net/~jmcgrane/mustang_form_034.mov

Jim

...You will have no problems if you bring some ski poles in case you fall at the wrong time.

Video link http://home.comcast.net/~jmcgrane/mustang_form_034.mov

Jim

Before I watched the video, I was assuming you had telescoping ski poles to help you out if you fell. I didn't think you would be riding with the poles in your hands.

Before I watched the video, I was assuming you had telescoping ski poles to help you out if you fell. I didn't think you would be riding with the poles in your hands.

I had some telescoping ones but forget to bring them so used rentals. It looks weird but saves so much time at the beginning and end of runs when we often follow creeks out to the cat roads. They were a few hard core snowboarders that refused to use poles but they always were last out and definatley slowed our group down. They often fell crossing downed timber or a few fell in holes over the creeks. Its all about saving time and getting in as many runs as possible. With riding a Tanker I probably could have gotten by without using them as the board floats so well and keeps its speed on the flats. However its so much easier with them and almost every cat or heli outfit recommends them.

Jim

I'd be interested.I spent 4 days with Nick & Alli this last Dec. Great trip, the coverage was a bit skimpy,we were the 2nd trip of the year. Riding through the cut blocks was a bit scary, didn't want to stuff the nose under a branch or log just under the freshies.Food was killer and the three girls are adorable.

I'd be interested.I spent 4 days with Nick & Alli this last Dec. Great trip, the coverage was a bit skimpy,we were the 2nd trip of the year. Riding through the cut blocks was a bit scary, didn't want to stuff the nose under a branch or log just under the freshies.Food was killer and the three girls are adorable.

Email me through BOL so I can let know what dates we are thinking about. We definatly had some of the best snow yet this season per the guides and staff. I have done 3 yrs with them and had good snow each time (1st year at tsuises? lodge) The cutblocks are alot more fun in with a deeper snowpack. Last year I was doing plenty of stumpjumps..

You should think about coming along next year Ed. I might go to MHM this weekend.

Jim