Note to New Members ×

Park City/Canyons

skatha

I scheduled a trip for Sam and me for Feb 10-13-this was before my ankle surgery and Sam's wreck.

I can reschedule this year or I can eat $1500

How's April, usually?

I was thinking about the last open weekend, April 8-9. That weekend would be 4 months after Sam's surgery to plate his tibia and 1 month after he'd be allowed to start bearing weight.

Park City local input most appreciated....

Guest dragon fly jones

Nothing is beating COLORADO SNOW, hum it has snowed for the last 2 months and it rain and rain and rain some more in Utah. Like I said before that place has been smitted by mother nature.

I guess since you paid you should go and stay at the Canyons. I know some management types there and they have always treated me well, although I have to drive to evanston to get Jack, Jim and a keg it's sorta worth it.

* Note that this was said tongue in cheek*

So phil call me to discuss the secret evil plan.

DFJ

In late September I had a pin put into my foot to realign 2 bones I broke and was on crutches till late November. When I was allowed to put weight on it again, it took me about a week to get used to walking again and strengthening my calf, but after that week, I was back into snowboarding right away. I was a bit stiff at first, but after the first day or two, everything was back to normal. Hope this helps in deciding about wether he can go or not. Sounds like fun.

Currently set for Sunday April 16th.

The Canyons ususally tries to mirror the closing dates for Park City.

Barring some sort of weather catastrophe both resorts should still be open the 8th and the 9th.

Spring conditions in full effect. And as Phil mentioned, Snowbird is usually open into June, and is worth the trip from PC.....