Note to New Members ×

WTB carving board - Volant found on ebay????

Guest vertex14

Guest vertex14

I am new to the sport and I just found this on ebay: Volant 173 - <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR bgColor=#d6dcfe><TD width="100%">Volant Aggression 173 race carving alpne hard boots

</TD><TD noWrap align=right>Item number: 7209741651</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

I have been riding soft boots for 10 years not and want to give carving a try. How is this board - is it ok for a someone just starting? I am 5'8" and weight about 170 lbs...I also see the same person has a burton factory prime for sale - how are they to ride?

thanks alot!

Place this thread in general forums first.

I have ridden the Aggression version of that board (basically the same thing) for the past 2 years until I picked up other boards. Be sure to start off at lower angles on the bindings to start and slowly work you way into steeper angles.

The board does have a characteristic to lock into turns once you start carving deeper and mine pitched me into the woods a couples times, but I was on fairly narrow trails in PA. I weigh 205 and it handled everything I could throw at it towards teh end of the season.

It was my first alpine board after 20 years freestyle and it did well for me.

Greg

that 173 really isn't a great board to cross over to. It's fairly stiff and heavy due to the stainless steel. Funny tho, I just saw it 20 minutes ago and I'm gonna watch it to see if it's worth grabbing. I've always wanted one since it's the Back to the Future board and would turn heads with Bombers on it.(maybe even rig up a thick chain for a leash :freak3:) You really want something forgiving and at least 20 cm wide in the waist, just MHO.Plenty of boards to be had for short money.The FP 171 would be good. Check out this baby Prior Split Board Custom 176->http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7209666194&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1

post-123-141842210986_thumb.jpg