Note to New Members ×

Prior and Whistler: What you need to know

chris_eco

Whistler was truly phenomenal! (and I feel disloyal saying that after living in Colorado for 14 years)

The folks at Prior are awesome!

The 4WD (169) was made for the mountain...all of it!

If you have never been to Whistler grab your boots and bindings and get yourself there ASAP. Give Dean at Prior a call and have him hook you up.

Suggestion: Put the kid in ski school - Make reservations at Val D'isere for the wife -take the Peak chair - forget you ever sat in Beltway traffic- keep your speed up on the cat track that winds around to some spectacular scenery - catch some air dropping into the Saddle -cut right to Glacier bowl - and I don't know how I connected but I finished the run of my life on Dave Murray downhill- top to bottom.

Not that I have any regrets but things I should have done:

Go longer with the 4WD or demo an ATV the day we got 20cm+fresh, do more research on the mountain or get a guide (it is HUGE)

and of course...more pre-season conditioning.

Finally First Tracks Lodge in Creekside is superb but be warned that the Creekside area has a new parking structure that attracts dayskiers/locals and that can lead to long waits at the Gondola on national holidays (1/2).

We consume our lives and spend money in a variety of ways and according to our means. I will be paying for this trip for quite a while. I am still driving a 15 year old car and won't be buying a new 4WD this season but it was worth every penny.