Note to New Members ×

Toeside Turn Help?

Ginsu

I'm currently at 24in/62cm set back from the tip and 21in/54cm from the tale and have a stance width of 23in/58cm.

Ehm... the distances you took from tip and tail has no meaning at all.

The distances you need are the ones from the tip and tail of the effective edges, not the most external points of your boards...

:-\

A good way to find your effective edge is to lay the board on a flat surface and slide a piece of paper under the tip and tail. where the paper stops is the ends of your effective edge. put a small mark on the board where it is and measure. I think Burtons inserts are typically set back about 2 cm from the center of the effective edge. A good place to start for stance width is the distance from your heel to the back of your knee.

A good way to find your effective edge is to lay the board on a flat surface and slide a piece of paper under the tip and tail. where the paper stops is the ends of your effective edge. put a small mark on the board where it is and measure. I think Burtons inserts are typically set back about 2 cm from the center of the effective edge. A good place to start for stance width is the distance from your heel to the back of your knee.

don't do it like Galen tho. He has marks all over his boards! looks like they're prototypes or somethin!

or was that Ed?

:)