Note to New Members ×

Should I go longer?

Akiyakitori

There is a Donek FC II 179 :1luvu: for sale from one of the members here and I'm wondering if it would be too much board for my size / location....I'm 6,2 170 lbs and i've been riding plates for about 10 years. Most of my riding is on a ice hill in the north east and i currently ride a Volkl RT 168 '03 w/ TD2 that i bought new this season. Should i trade up and go for the 179? I've always wanted to ride a longer, boutique stick but never had the opportunity.

jungle sky!

as long as you are an intermediate rider I would think youd be ok, although I have NO idea how that thing will handle ice. Did you check the reviews here? Im sure there are some? With the length you might be sketched in crowds, but the scr is short enough where that shouldnt be a huge issue.

I'm sure others will disagree but I prefer something in the 170 +/- range for icier conditions. I think long boards rule on the hero snow but I feel they get a little much to handle when a delicate touch is required. I'd prefer your Volkl under those circumstances.

That being said - the FC II 179 is a great board though I personally prefer the 18cm FC I version. Better yet - the 185 version Bomber sells!