Note to New Members ×

help with a board(i know i know)its old but.....

Guest rc30rob

Guest rc30rob

Hello folks ill introduce my self im rob and im pleased i have found you lot.I have been boarding for years im an instructor but never had chance to ride an alpine board but i know from seeing one used many years ago its what made me take up boarding in the first place.If you lot think its difficult over there to get the right gear its impossible in the uk.When you ask in the board stores for carving boards etc the people in them look at you as if your from another planet(or is it my big pointy ears that makes them do that) Anyway guess what! i have been given an old (1923 i think) but unused board shes battered and bruised edges and base are A1.So can anyone tell me is it any good as a first carving board (dont all laugh at once) its a nidecker lazer 59 ,if this works there should be some photos of it if not there isnt.No there not there ill have to compres the file size and send them again .Thanks Rob.

Guest rc30rob

Ok chris ill go and have a look and see,getting a custom made board over here will be like trying to tying a knot in fog and yes i have an rc took a long time to find a good unraced original one ,who would you suggest to ask about making a custom board this is all new to me,thanks rob.

Hey Rob

ebay Germany is probably the first place to go for used boards, http://sport.search.ebay.de/_Alpin-Boards_W0QQcatrefZC12QQcoactionZcompareQQcoentrypageZsearchQQcopagenumZ1QQfltZ9QQfromZR10QQfsooZ1QQfsopZ1QQsacatZ59752QQsotrZ2

Alternatively there are quite a few euro mail-order places that will help for new gear, Blue Tomato in Austria seem pretty good, http://www.blue-tomato.at

Where do you ski/teach? I'm based in the French Alps, could hook you up with a few shops over here on a hire-to-buy basis (and if you've size 44 feet, I could probably hook you up with a pair of burton boots for very-not-very-much-indeed).

Simon

Guest rc30rob

I thought so thats why i was given this board,brilliant ,its a duffer.Anyway jack thanks thats a start ,tuffty i have taught in France with some English schools etc ,and the snow dome, ill be in Val frejus and morzzine in jan, poss canada doing advanced instructor course in feb. boot size is 45(uk11) ive had a look on the german e bay ill figure it out but the only german i know is from some films (i dont think that will work on e bay) and speedzilla thanks for the offer but the voices in my head said dont swap it,so did the dog .If you want one i know where there is a beauty but you cant have mine.thanks to all so far.ps im gonna get so much stick from my jibber jabber board park monkey mates about this,Ha they know nothing.