Note to New Members ×

FS: Original MADD 158, nearly mint

Guest Snowbrdr7

Guest Snowbrdr7

For Sale, highest offer: Original Madd 158. Lightly ridden by a small beginner maybe 15 times, tuned once at the Starting Gate at Stratton, VT. A few small storage dings to the top sheet - VERY MINOR. Base and edges like new - PERFECT. This is basically a new ride.

Located in Dillon, CO until Dec. 31, then back to New England.

I don't have regular internet access up in Dillon, so if you need this ride in the next few days, call me at 203 482 2141 with significant offers.:rolleyes:

Do you know anyone looking for a 16m kite? Looks like that hobbie will be put on hold to feed this one, unless te Harley sells.

Hope all is well Willy.

SNwBrd 7, I am still interested in this board. from what I have heard, it sounds like it would hold me. Just dont know what # to throw at you.

Greg

Guest Snowbrdr7

Hi Guys - Here's the scoop. Sorry for not being more clear!

Back in the 90s when the Madd's 1st came over I was riding with the guys who did the importing (fun times). I bought this board out of the the original shipment from Italy and learned to ride alpine on it. Later that season I found something softer to ride and had more fun on it, so the Madd went into the back of the closet. There it has sat since then! I had been riding a Rossi Race 156 that I felt was to short for me, so pulled out the Madd again this season - still too much board for me to enjoy on a regular day. I want a new board and need to raise the $ to get it, so the Madd is for sale.

I know that one of these got sold in VT last year for something crazy like $1000. That seems a bit extreme, but at the same time I want a nice new set up. There is a board I demo'ed at Bomber this week that I want, and I need a heel conversion kit to make my TD-1s intec compatible. So I'd like to get $800 for the Madd.

I'll be home in CT Sunday night - crazy day at work on Monday, but on Tuesday I'll see what I can do about photos. I could also meet you somewhere if you're in New England.

Thanks!

Guest Snowbrdr7

Easy Chris. Like I said, I was busy with work yesterday and today's ice storm meant I didn't make it to get a new cord for the digital camera to post pics. The truck went to Stratton so I was stuck in the little slippery car.

There is no rust on the edges.

People say the original boards and the newer ones are very different. My experience with the original is that it initiates the turns like a razor blade and I get psyched, then all of a sudden the board grabs me by the belt buckle and tries to jerk me into the woods. It's like it comes alive. I don't like it...but some people do. If I can't get more than $500 for it, its yours, but I'd like to try.

I just paid Bomber $662 for my new ride, so that's my goal.

• 3 weeks later...