Note to New Members ×

Standard TD2- ease of getting in?

Guest letsgo

I am wondering how folks find getting into the TD2s? Last year I rode TD1 and found that it could be a real pain in the ass- often would tap the bail down when trying to get in- especially later in the day. Later last season I switched to stepin Catek olympics and they are just too rigid for me and given some of the intec failure stories, I am thinking of getting the standard TD2s- what have folks experience been with them? Thanks

Can't tell you exactly why. But I do find it easier to get into the TD2s. :biggthump I don't know what that would be though, should be the same I would think?

I do know that getting the adjustment right is key. I tend to keep my front leg binding set "Tighter" and leave just a bit more play in the back to make getting in on the run faster / more reliable. Guessing that might be a bit controversial though. Expect plenty of differing ideas on this one.

You have know doubt read why it is "Stiffer" with the intecs? Search for more on this subject. Most frequent BOL members don't want to re-read this exhaustive subject again.

I switched from intec to standard TD2's this season to experiment with the flex. I love them and have found no difficulty getting in or out. The ride is noticeably different. That is one reason I find it interesting that some people ride mixed intec/standard, it just seems that it would feel odd.

Daneille

I switched from intec to standard TD2's this season to experiment with the flex. I love them and have found no difficulty getting in or out. The ride is noticeably different. That is one reason I find it interesting that some people ride mixed intec/standard, it just seems that it would feel odd.

Daneille

Good point. The heel itself is very hard , so , yes it is softer to go "Standard". I have also found that the "Contact" point of a standard bindings is different and typically softer or allows more flex. The "Standard" boot heal on most boots is rubbery and the Intec SI heel is hard plastic.

SIDE NOTE: Anyone looking to do a swap for TD2s Standard toe and heel blocks for a set of Intecs?? Email directly for details.

Too be clear, you ship me your TD2 Toe and Heel pieces. I ship you a set of TD2 "Standard" toe and heel pieces.

the hardness of the heel doesnt really come into play, at least on TD2s, since the heel isnt touching the binding. your weight is on the pins.

to the OP...It seems to me that youre talking about standard bails, and that the heel bail would "flop"

later version of TD1 had a spring loaded bail I believe, that was supposed to stay up better, but didnt quite work?

I think the TD2s now _do_ work the way theyre supposed to, and the heel bail on standards and toe bail on SI is correctly loaded to stay in position.

not totally certain. check the diagrams and or email Bob or Fin

Correct D-Sub, the spring loaded bails on the Td2 (both standard and SI) are what I call "double loaded" in that they push and pull the bail to keep it in an upright position. The older TD1 bails where spring loaded but only in one way so the bail could still flop down flat on the binding.

Also, the TD2 bail springs where beefed up about 30% and do a really good job of keeping the bails in that "click and go" position we all gotta have :biggthump