Note to New Members ×

Race to the Cup Alpine Snowboard Series M/W Results Monday

Guest dragonfly jones

Guest dragonfly jones

This is a sport related press release in the snowboard market.

For immediate Distribution

Race to the Cup Alpine Snowboard Series

Steamboat Springs, CO.

Today at Howelson Hill, overlooking downtown Steamboat Springs, the Steamboat Springs Winter Sports Club played host to the inaugural Race to the Cup Alpine Snowboard event. Over 60 competitors and came from around the US and Canada to contest a Parallel Giant Slalom race.

Leading the way for the women and earning a tough first place finish was US Snowboard Team rider Lisa Kosglow (Boulder, CO) , following her on the podium were Erica Mueller (Steamboat Springs, CO) and Caroline Calve (CAN). The winner in the women’s event earned a starting spot for the World Cup event at Mt Bachelor, OR to be held in March of this year.

There was another starting spot in the World Cup event on the line for the men and that resulted in one of the most exciting finals so far this year when US Snowboard Team Rider’s Tyler Jewell (Sudbury,MA) Justin Reiter (Steamboat Springs, CO) and Jeff Greenwood (Boulder, CO) swept the podium after fighting off a hard charging Canadian contingent.

“This was a great way to start the year and really showcase Alpine Snowboarding in North America” said Thedo Remmelink, Head Coach of the Steamboat Winter Sports Club. “We had some adversity with the weather to start the weekend but everything fell into place and the event ran pretty well”.

The Race to the Cup Alpine Series resumes on January 31st when the riders visit Okemo Mountain Resort In Ludlow, VT for a weekend of parallel Slalom and Giant Slalom events

For complete results and photos, please go to the US Snowboard Team web site at www.ussnowboarding.org.

S6 Communications

Guest dragonfly jones

Kent,

Not sure at the moment - we have a USSA level 4 down in Telluride and I am short on FIS age riders. I may have one going and that might make it financially hard for the team to afford to send me to support that one rider.

Never can tell though.

How are things up in the Minnesota? Is Garrett still with you guys?

The RTTC was a great event - with some awesome riding - the US guys really stood out - but watch out for the Canadians they are riding well - Calve and Phillipe and Dumont are threats for the podium with solid riding and lots of confidence.

Chuck B

I like the FIS Canadiens, eh.....it's the Euro pros poaching USASA that irks me.

Garrett packed his bags for Squaw around X-mas to hit gates with Nyberg's crew, I believe. He's rippin......amazing what taking a year off will do sometimes.

Minnesota's great. Just need about 1000 more feet of vert.....

kent