Note to New Members ×

Snow Summit lift tickets

Guest OCD

Man I’m steamed! I usually buy a season pass for Snow summit resort CA but decided not to this year, I wish I had. They are charging $62 on the weekends for the entire winter. In fact the “holiday” rates kick in this Saturday and they have less than half the resort open, what a nerve. The holiday rate used to be for actual holidays but now they are just milking it. $62 for a really mediocre mountain is outrageous. It used to be reasonable but not any more. I guess I’ll have to do more quality trips and less of the quantity stuff….sucks. :mad:

OCD, yeah the lift rates are pretty *uckin' ridiculous considering what they have open, thank goodness I have a pass. One thing I used to do last year( before I purchased a pass) was to get on the lifts right at opening and then ride your ass off till just before 1:00 pm. Snow Summit offers the getaway pass where if you finish at 1:00 or before you can get up to a $22.00 voucher that you can use next time you go to Summit/Bear.

After 1:00 it becomes chopped up so you get good riding in and then leave to come back another day

somewhere on the page it says there will be a discounted rate if not all terrain is open

regardless, $62 is pure BS, and a clear indicator of nothing but greed. BUT...people will pay it, without hesitation.

Ive always been of the belief that if you keep prices lower, you get more customers, but it always seems that businesses would rather just raise prices in an effort to increase profits.

I dunno. I _will not_ pay $60 to go to a local mountain.

passes are still an option