Note to New Members ×

Finally! Quad burn!

SWriverstone

After 2 days at it again this season, I must be doing something right! :) By my last few runs, I was feeling serious quad burn in my rear leg on toeside turns---so much so that halfway down, I'd just have to "give up," standing up straight for the rest of the way down.

I don't think this is a sign of doing anything wrong...I'm just finally getting good enough to really lower my torso in turns, angulating more, and (therefore) getting the board up on edge more.

Last year, I almost never felt any quad burn at all...obviously because I was a total newbie and not really flexing much...

Scott

PS - I've still got plenty to learn though...

After 2 days at it again this season, I must be doing something right! :) By my last few runs, I was feeling serious quad burn in my rear leg on toeside turns---so much so that halfway down, I'd just have to "give up," standing up straight for the rest of the way down.

I don't think this is a sign of doing anything wrong...I'm just finally getting good enough to really lower my torso in turns, angulating more, and (therefore) getting the board up on edge more.

Last year, I almost never felt any quad burn at all...obviously because I was a total newbie and not really flexing much...

Scott

PS - I've still got plenty to learn though...

yeah i've felt that before, gotta train before you ride. do quad exercises, like a wall sit and you'll be all ready to go longer and longer.

:biggthump I get quad burn, glute burn ,tricep burn and lat burn

I think the tricep burn comes from tensing up my upper body while busting carves.

It sure feels nice though, kinda feels like you are working out a bit....escpecially when you get back to the lift and can barely breathe. :biggthump