Note to New Members ×

lift line strategy ?

John K

So when it gets crowded with no lift-op running the line and people riding up on the tail of your board, does anyone have a strategy for i. preserving your top sheet and ii. making it through line in the least amount of time.

I have heard that it is better to stay far to the side rather than coming through the middle.... any thoughts?

JK

ps... clearly riding midweek is the ultimate answer

If by chance you are with a skier do what I do in crowded lift lines. I borrow one of his poles and just stick it horizontal behind me. It is amazing how far back they will stay. :AR15firin:AR15firin

Guest chillaxin.nl

Just get some step-in bindings. I normally take my board off and stand in line with the board in my hands. Just before i get on the lift, i put my board down and step in....this way my board does not get damaged and i don't have to be nasty at someone....

I am a firm believer in the ability to be assertive and diplomatic at the same time without pissing anybody off (having been the oldest child during a divorce I was often the messenger and had to "reword" things). Most teenagers will have no problem backing up or giving you more space if you ask them niceley. As a matter of fact, most people in the United States wouldn't mind. The only time and place it might be an issue would be in a culture where there is no line and its a free for all (Europe perhaps). Bu cute and charming :1luvu: