Note to New Members ×

Would you reccomend Whistler for GS turns???

dagranov

Say I was gonna fly to Whistler... how is the mountain for some fast carve runs? My favorite mountain is Beaver Creek, not having ridden Aspen...

Dmitry

No problem - but I suggest Blackcomb Mt for better high speed runs and less people. If you are not familiar with the Mountain it is two BIG A** mountains next to each other - one ticket rides both. My opinion - Blackcomb is the better MT to carve high speed. Lots of runs - go for it. Do the Learning Center first thing in the morning- no one there and a great slope angle to rip it up. Ridge Runner after that, Seventh Heaven anytime if fog is not there but usually OK but can get crowded, if it does go to the front side.

I haul my 185 factory prime up quite often to W/B

Both hills great, they can get crowded especially weekends n holidays.

My ussual is whistler side but thats just me. I have my reasons.

Words of advice for the big boards n less crowds,

1) be ready to upload at 0815 hrs, 99% of the time they load 15 minutes early, beat the late risers up.

2) work the mountain to avoid the crowds, ie stay away from harmony between 1015 and 1130hrs, utilize the non trendy lifts ie garbonzo, hammer the goodies while you can and before the spodes have scraped off the goodstuff, this year should be able to nail 7 saddle laps an hour

3) lunch at 1100 hrs, out by 1130 when the crowds come in for lunch

4) take two boards up. or a 179 4x4,

5) wax is key on whistler side for glide on the flatspots, blackcomb not so critical

see ya up there

Dave*

ps: 15 on hill days so far this year, projected 145 to end of may 2006,

estimated projected cost per day $10 Canadian