Note to New Members ×

Intec on UPZ boots: Yes or no!?!?

tahoecarver

What is the final verdict on this? I've heard so many mixed reviews and feedback, I don't know which way to turn. Should I put Intec heels on the new UPZ boots for my TD skwals, or should I just stick with putting the Intec heels on my Burton boots? I heard that they weren't compatible with UPZ boots without modification (screw lengths), and that the toe ledge isn't ideally shaped, but others tell me they are fine. What is the real answer? Please help. Thanks, fellow carvers.

They are fine with Intec. You'll have to use the tee nuts that come with the Intec heels and the 20mm phillips screws that come with the Intec heels are the right length too. I have heard that there are problems with the TD1 step-ins but I have not confirmed this. The TD2 step-ins work fine however.

I would also recommend that you put tee nuts in the toe pieces as well. This will really make them solid. I am currently working on instructions on how you can do this for your boots.

->Ben