Note to New Members ×

Do you like polls?

Guest Grady

Do you like all of these polls we're seeing?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like all of these polls we're seeing?

• Yes! Keep them coming!
    • Sometimes, but we have too many trivial ones
    • No, I don't like them at all.
    • I haven't decided

Polls should be moderated. Not everyone and their brother (and their hamster) should have access to start a poll. I think there should be someone with common sense assigned as the POLL MODERATOR - any ideas for a new poll should go to that person, and creating or NOT CREATING a poll should be at that person's sole discretion. The name of such a person SHALL NOT be disclosed to the masses, as this person may end up being hit on the head by a heavy piece of 178cm (or so) equipment belonging to someone whose poll WAS NOT CREATED . . .

JMHO

As noted above, the problem is that a new vote in a poll causes the poll to move to the top of the thread list. Aargh! This causes the top of the thread list to be littered with polls, when there really isn't anything new to see there. Annoying.

Other than this, I think polls are good. It might be getting abused a little at the moment, but the novelty factor will wear off soon.

Originally posted by Baka Dasai

As noted above, the problem is that a new vote in a poll causes the poll to move to the top of the thread list. Aargh! This causes the top of the thread list to be littered with polls, when there really isn't anything new to see there. Annoying.

There's a way to correct that, maybe Fin will do it at some point. He probably has more important things to do right now though, like making us some bindings :D