Note to New Members ×

no new

Gecko

Taken for Burton's website under chris klug's bio

Tell us about your role in the development of certain products.??

I've been working really hard the past year with the R & D team developing the "Gold Medal Boards." We've been focusing on making the fastest, dampest boards available.

email burton about it. These boards are only for racers. so i gues no R17's for japan this year

These boards are actually for Chris only. Rumor has it that he spent many hours at the factory with his board builder and a few Kesslers. If you email Burton about it they probably won't have a clue as to what you are talking about. Not because they are trying to hide anything, it truley is because they don't have a clue.

Here is the email I got back from them

I'm sorry but they're made special for Mr. Klug only.

I'll pass your feedback along though.

Thanks,

Burton Rider Service

1-800-881-3138

M-F 8-6 EST

www.burton.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Tuesday, September 20, 2005 9:57 AM

To: info@burton.com

Subject: Gold Medal Boards

Just read this under the Chris Klug section

Tell us about your role in the development of certain products.

I've been working really hard the past year with the R & D team developing the "Gold Medal Boards." We've been focusing on making the fastest, dampest boards available.

I was wondering when said boards will be hitting the shops. Being a Burton rider for 14 years and a alpine rider for the last 3 I would really like to see Burton get back into the business of alpine (not in Japan only) Having to watch the bomberonline.com message board and ebay for good used equipment is getting kinda old. Any info on these boards and their accompanying accessories (bindings and boots) would be cool

Thanks

Josh

I wonder if the Gold Medal Boards will use the Alumafly Core so as to be as Kessler-esque as possible.

I can see the feedback being passed along right now:

"Hey Dude, I got another e-mail from one of those alpine guys saying how we should start selling race boards again."

"Dude, doesn't he know that Eurocarve stuff is totally lame?"

"Yeah, like those old guys care if they're lame ot not. Whatever. Dude, let's go smoke up."

"Right on."