Note to New Members ×

Who ever said alpine riders dont skate good.

Guest nic

You used to kickflip over 4 boards stacked up?

no no...just ollie on flats. Ive done "ollie kickflips" but never ever felt comfortable. Ive always been a keep my feet on the board for the most part kind of guy. could do shove-its and the like...but definitely a "chicken" when it came to flips and spins

wish I had a scanner...show some old photos...be fun

Here's a little video of me practicing my heelside pendulum slides. I still am not that great at them, but I go faster and get more rotation into them not (this video helped identify why I was unable to commit my lead shoulder into the rotation). The video seems finicky with Firefox on my machine (IE works). I have some carving vids, but they are boring (you basically just go faster and faster).

oh...the ollie...thought you were talkin about the kickflip. Im confused

I was and here is one place that backs my opinion...Gonz and Natas were pioneers in their own right. They took freestyle tricks and brought them to the street with style and speed. But they didn't invent much they just found a new forum to exploit using existing tricks.

Here's the same "super sick" video I always put up when there's a skate topic:

Vans Combi-Bowl

Actually, it would be super sick IF I was grinding the coping on the deep end. But I'm not there yet. Skating pools and bowls is a great way to stay in shape for snowboarding.

The only time I've pulled off a kick flip is when I'm holding onto a fence :D

I can only ollie two interlocked boards, but I only practice my ollies occassionally. I've pulled off a few pop shuvits and I boardslid a rail once. I mostly stick to transition skating.

Here's the same "super sick" video I always put up when there's a skate topic:

Vans Combi-Bowl

Actually, it would be super sick IF I was grinding the coping on the deep end. But I'm not there yet. Skating pools and bowls is a great way to stay in shape for snowboarding.

The only time I've pulled off a kick flip is when I'm holding onto a fence :D

I can only ollie two interlocked boards, but I only practice my ollies occassionally. I've pulled off a few pop shuvits and I boardslid a rail once. I mostly stick to transition skating.

Nice...very nice. Carve grinds will come...the hardest part is not thinking about getting on top of the coping to extend the grind...mind you I'm not expert (my frontside carves are still sketchy at times) but I had lots of time watching Jay to pattern my style. As for Flip tricks I never learned Kick Flips, I have done step imposibles like Mike V does them but really other than pop shuvits and pop shuvit varials (no I don't know how I do it it just happens when I'm not trying) I don't do flip tricks. Grinds in their many incarnations, coping slides (boardslides and disasters) and the occasional air when I'm feeling froggy are what I like these days. I can't even ollie onto a curb anymore which is sad considering how much better I am on tranny now than I used to be