Note to New Members ×

Gate training in Summit County

oldkey

Our racing season for USASA in Minessota this year starts in mid-December.....yet we rarely get on snow before early December. I would like to take my son out to the Race to the Cup event at Copper (Nov 21/22) and again in early December (there is a Copper alpine event on Dec 11). Other than Nastar courses at Keystone and Breck, any suggestions as to how to get some snowboard gate time while out there? I placed a call to the Copper Racing Department....but I am worried that they do not start alpine gate training until mid-December. What teams are in that general vicinity? Coaches.....is it realistic to think that Patrick could join someone else's gate session? He can pull gates and lug equipment with the best of them. :o

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Yes the guys from the boat will be there. We start on the 25 of OCT. You would need to talk with the steamboat winter sports club. Sorry i dont have my cell with me and the # is on my phone.

Phil, Nic and Jim

Thank you for the comments. Nic and Jim.....I will call Steamboat. Any particular person we should ask for?

Phil.....Patrick would love sitting in with your team. Garrett is training with you this year....correct? Patrick always loved training with him.....and his very aggressive style. Kent Smith and I talked briefly about his possibly coming along as well, mainly to free ride and just get on some early snow. We could make it a Minnesota reunion weekend. We would be there Nov 19, 20 & 21.

Please let us know as things come together. We would like to buy tickets soon to save a few dollars.