Note to New Members ×

O.T.: Yo! Yao! Yo! Yao!

Phil

For those of you who don't know, Yao Ming is the Houston Rockets' center. He is 7'5" tall.

Check out his mtb. This is a custom Gunnar Rockhound. It really looks big - and then if you realize that his wheels are 29" instead of the usual 26" - you realize just how big this bike really is!

Enjoy.

post-175-141842204957_thumb.jpg

post-175-141842204959_thumb.jpg

I have heard speculation that the lack of suspension is due to the long head tube. I would think that he could get a suspension maker to make a long steer tube though. Either way, it would have to be a fork for a 29" wheel. I know Marzocchi makes them, but I don't know if anyone else does.

Ahmmm....He also lives in Houston and it's really flat down here....possibly, the bike already weighs beaucoup lbs without a high class suspension he's not really going to need.......

On top of the ramp at Reliant Stadium I can see the water tower on I45 and Greens Rd and that's about 25 miles away(when we don't have an ozone watch on....)

:AR15firin