Note to New Members ×

"pimp my ride" - longboard edition

FTA2R

forget "pimp my ride"- gonna get this. what ya'll think?

http://www.loadedboards.com/cgi-bin/store/agora.cgi?cart_id=5353096.16944*-z1gc6&product=ACCESSORIES

friend has the lights- he put it on the back truck so under the board is light up- looks awesome, comparable to guys putting neon lights under their cars chassis (but obviously much cooler, lol).

anyone else done this or know of any other fun little similar gadgets to trick the board.

other friend has the "devil's slide" for making sparks, but can't do that with my board plus i think it's a bit cheesy.

Barry

ps my friends do ride at night through minimally lit neighboorhoods (as have I), so the light actually does serve us a purpose too (namely, identifying us to drivers so we don't get run over, or at least not at full speed.) plus it will help me pick up those 19 year olds jk =)

JK!

Originally posted by Barry

forget "pimp my ride"- gonna get this. what ya'll think?

anyone else done this or know of any other fun little similar gadgets to trick the board.

I was sorely tempted by the FLUX lights at PurpleSkunk.com, but managed to resist. I agree having it lit under the board look sweet. I actually use my headlamp to ride at night on a road with no street lights. It works even better than the riser light and cars can easily see me as just as well.

I would suggest a custom grip tape job.

Guest Randy S.
Originally posted by Barry

randy, that is insane! do those spin by themselves too! that's wiild. i'm gonna have way too much fun "wit dis."

Barry

I know nothing about them. I just saw your post and searched for stupid skateboard bling. Of course you could also get your trucks polished or powder coated. And I'm sure someone makes grip tape with the Louis Vuitton logo stenciled on it. Hmm, maybe you could get an LCD screen mounted to it and transmit video direct from your helmet cam to the video device. Better yet, mount a PMP or PMC device and record from helmet cam direct to Hard Drive for instant crash video playback!

Yo! Dats Phat Bro. You got some 133t sk1lz!

yo Randy "yo",

i rigged up a helmet headphone system, not a cam. are there helmet cams that work with video capable digital cameras? if so, i'm interested. Louis Vitton, not my style, lol. i went on shopping spree @ walmart yesterday, clothes included. I think i'll just stick with the lights, whcih actually do also serve a purpose. what will they think of next?

===

Barry