Note to New Members ×

Video from trip to Pyhä, Finland

Xargo

11 hours ago, philw said:

Looks like midday. I picked bits out to view; my attention span isn't great. Gotta get me some fake hair so I can have mine streaming out of my helmet like that too. Reminds me of Serena Ski, only obviously much bigger!

Yeah sun can be peculiar when you are north from the Arctic Circle. Sunrise and sunset within one session is entirely possible that time of year. Most of these clips are around 10-11am.

Funny you mentioned Serena Ski since that's what I see when I look out from my living room window. Small world, eh. 😄 Nice place but as you said, only enough space for couple of turns in a run.

I just got a new helmet and now I'm looking for a big fake mohawk to attach to the top of the helmet. Moar hair, the better.

• Like 1

I learned to ride snowboards there, because it was so small I found the skiing limited. I never put skis on since.

Some years later I laughed a lot whilst watching a snowboard video with some Finnish professional guys. They boasted of having started their careers in "the mountains of Serena", which I enjoyed as a concept. In the late 1980s they had an icy half pipe there, which may have been where those guys learned their stuff. There were school trips, from what I remember.

• LOL 1