Note to New Members ×

Summer Waves for the ocean challenged

Guest Jared Q

they have a flow rider at the kalahari resort in the wisconsin dells. I ventured in there on a climbing trip last fall to discover this fact, and even better was the fact that i had come for the right time to ride standing up. I signed my waver and proceeded to wait in line behind all of the other dells vacationers, many of which appeared to have never been 'on-board' in their entire lives. it would have been a lot better if there was not a 15 min wait for a 2 min ride, but it was still a lot of fun. i would compare it more to a combination of skimboarding and wake boarding than to surfing, and i think that the boards are even made by a wakeboarding company. The power of the water coming at you is amazing, and i wouldnt want to fall the wrong way (it seemed to me that a chlorinated water enema was not at all out of the question). All in all, it was fun, but you should find a time when you can get some serious time in on one, because waiting in lines suck.

Guest Ghostrider

Boyne Mountain in Michigan just opened an indoor water park TODAY!! It has a flowrider and everything. I'll be heading up there soon to check it out but best thing is that its open every day year round and its always 84 and sunny inside :cool:

Should be awesome

http://www.avalanchebay.com/