Note to New Members ×

Source for Burton Shadow boot bale?

jim_stoll

I popped a bale on my Shadow boot - broke right at the 90deg angle that goes into the buckle. Looking to replace it - any possible sources that someone can recommend?

Any other(s) out there using these boots? I've used mine for years, and am reasonably happy w/ them, but one complaint that I have is that the bale catch is in a bad position relative to the boot shell - invariably, the middle buckle's front edge sits right against the edge of the overlap part of the shell when I clamp it down, and I think this is why it finally popped - when I flex the boots, the overlap part of the shell moves a little, which pushes directly on the front edge of the buckle, putting a good bit of force on the bale (and also slightly deforming the boot, which does nothing to enhance the foot hold). Anyway, if anyone else has experienced this and has some suggested remedy, I'd sure like to hear it. (I think probably a longer buckle would do it - then it would ride up over the edge of the shell and this wouldn't be a problem, but I'm no boot mechanic, so am reluctant to start hacking away at an otherwise-decent pair of boots...)

Thanks Much!

I rode Shadows for 5 years then finally replaced them with AF600's (now the DeeLuxe Suzuka)....way better boot. Better construction, four buckles (no ant strap :D), and a rear adjustment that's actually usable. Boots are on sale right now, so if you can swing it, now's the time to buy...

joe...