Note to New Members ×

Hello Carving Community

Guest dragonsword5

Guest dragonsword5

Hi everyone

I'm a new carver who was introduced to this sport while watching a race going on on t.v. I think it was the king of the mountain Jeep race (I'm not sure of the name of the competition)

I've learned how to do the carves and "stay on the edge" and I love the feeling of it and have met up with other carvers at times when I was snowboarding and they showed me different basic techniques.

I started a couple weeks ago on my uncle's 156 Burton Alp board and then upgraded to his 168 Vokl Tyger about 2 weeks ago and have been loving it ever since. I also have his 157 Burton board.

I want to get into racing competitons for next year and want to do Nastar and do as much as I can with the sport and racing.

I used to do (and still do) soft boot riding and I wasn't into the terrain parks and such so I switched to hard boots and I love absolute speed

If anyone could give information about how to register and for a beginner to get started in racing I would appreciate it.

Also, if anyone knows of good videos that I could buy or download I would like to look at other carvers. I know that there are links to get just clips of carvers but I'm looking for some actual videos.

Thanks and Hi again to everyone!

dragon

Guest Randy S.

Fill out your profile so we know where you are.

For racing, check out www.usasa.org. Way better than Nastar, but Nastar is fine if that's all you have available to you. There may be some other leagues, depending on your age and location as well.

Guest dragonsword5
Originally posted by rikytheripster

check out www.stoked.at for videos

hope that helps

Thanks for the site I'll be looking at it soon

And I added some more stuff to my profile and thanks for helping me:)

dragon

Hello Dragonsw...

When I changed the ski on hard board

I thought about carving only,but then

I understood - Racing is part of hard boarding.

If You would like to riding as well as

sportsmens do - you must driving through the gates day after day.

In Latvian competitions 10% riders use

a hard boards (F2-speedster SL 99%) .

Good Luck Uldis Hofmanis (Latvia)

post-1292-141842203494_thumb.jpg

Guest dragonsword5

Thanks for the encouragement UK40, but unfortunately I don't live in a place (yet :) ) that it stays cold and I can go to a mountain everyday....though I do try and go every weekend at the beginning of the season.

I want to be a racer and I will start next season with the first snowfall or the first time a mountain makes snow!:mad:

Dragon:D

Hi Dragon, sounds like you've got the bug, and that Volkl is a great board both to start on and use for a long time.

At some point you probably would have found or been pointed to the Extreme Carving website, so here it is: www.extremecarving.com. They have some really awesome eye-candy movies of fully laid-out carving. You will probably want to learn how to ride like this. However, people who are new to carving who try to emulate their style typically pick up some bad habits, namely bending over at the waist and reaching down for the snow. Save extreme carving for later, after you are already an advanced carver.

For technique guidance, check out the Tech Articles section here. If you need help with starting to carve, check out the articles on The Norm. Also there is other newby info in our <a href="http://www.bomberonline.com/articles/welcome_center.cfm" target="top">Welcome Center</a>. Once you get going, read Seperate Zee Knees. Ultimately, Cross-Through carving should be a goal.

Good luck!