Note to New Members ×

Raichle 413 Tee Nuts?

wvrocks

Does anyone know if the Tee Nuts in the heel of Raichle 413's are replaceable? I stripped one out. I tried to knock it out from the outside of the boot but it seems to be very fond of the boot and wouldn't come out. It almost looks like it is molded into the plastic but I can't tell for sure. If I do get it out is it better to replace it with a 6mm bolt and tee nut since the 5mm stripped so easily? Thanks.

________

VAPORIZERGENIE.COM

I'll send you a set of 8 M5 tee nuts if you want to replace them. The best way to get the old tee nut out is to thread the bolt into it a little way from the bootom of the boot and then pound the end of the bolt with a hammer and that should force the nut out into the boot interior.

You should be fine with the M5 bolts and nuts just make sure not to cross thread and lube those bolts and you'll be fine.

Send me an email at ben -at- bogeydog.net with your mailing address and I'll get you those tee nuts.

Are you using Intec heels or the standard ones?

->Ben

wvrocks,

I am not 100% if you can remove those threaded inserts in the SB413. They are cast within the shell of the boot. Older SB boots did use actual T-nuts but that stopped a long time ago.

However, at the same time I have never actually tried to remove on of these because we have a different fix.

You can drill-out and re-thread those holes in your boot for an M6 screw. I have probably done 25+ of these over the years and not had one issue. You will also have to just slightly over-size the hole of the Intec heel but a very small amount (I think we use a 1/4" drill to do that). Then just get yourself M6-20mm screws (socket cap is what we use, contact us as we do sell these) and you are good to go.

If you do end-up getting that "insert" out, please let us know here, that would be good to know.

I agree with you that they seem to be molded into the boot sole. They look like a standard tee nut but there appears to be a small lip of plastic molded over the outside edge of the nut. I suppose I could try to attack one with the dremel and see if that would allow it to be pounded out. Otherwise the best bet is probably chasing the threads to 6 mm. One other thing that may be happening it that only the bolt threads are stripping and not the insert itself. Its kind of difficult to see inside the insert to get a good look at the threads. In that case a better quality bolt may solve the problem. I'll let you guys know what I find out.

________

Medical marijuana

I had those plastic lips on my 123s and you can tread a bolt in the bottom and pound them out with a hammer. The platic is not that strong so they should come out easily. Then you can just pop in the new insert and you are good to go. There should really be no need to dremmel.

I'm putting a set of socket head bolts in with the tee nuts so you can replace all your bolts at the same time.

->Ben