Note to New Members ×

polishing carving technique

uku

Feel free to express your feelings. I'd love to have some feedback on the technique...

In very few words... avoid straight legs and counter rotation. ;-)

When you turn on your right, in the movie you face your left and viceversa...

It should be the opposite (the torso face the same side you are turning or stay aligned with the bindings)...

• 3 weeks later...

I must thank you all for your feedback once more. For this trip I read throughly all the material available at bomber articles and here... and this time felt much more comfortable on the board. Carving rules :cool:

video (unedited this time)

http://uku.nb.ee/italy.mpg

Right now I'm seeing to issues to fix: "flying" hand and too high stance. Anything else?

Except the knee bending and the arm flapping problems, you're doing pretty good ! But I think you should try to keep your torso facing the nose of your snowboard when your on your heelside. (Better stability and you will be able to complete your turns.) You may want to try ::

Heelside carves: Rear hand grabbing front boot cuff: With your rear hand (right hand for regulars, left hand for goofies), see if you can make a heelside carve such that your rear hand can easily grab your front boot cuff. Don't simply bend over or sit down and reach for the cuff - assume a poised carving position and get low by making a deep carve. Bend your knees only enough to provide suspension, and angulate sideways at the waist to maintain a more upright upper body. Grab your boot cuff and hold it for the duration of the carve. This "freezes" you in this position and allows you to feel it working throughout the carve. Variations: rear elbow touching front knee; rear hand grabbing board edge near front foot (see above picture).[/Quote]

(You can also do the opposite for toeside)

Source :: http://www.bomberonline.com/articles/practice_drills.cfm

It really helped me out when I had the same problem.

Cheers, -Jules

The clip is called italy because it is shot in Monte Rosa.

B18C1 - various BOL sources say that on the heelside my upper body should be according to the stance. Right now it is 48-45.

But hopefully I'll be able to ride soon in hardboots :eplus2: