Note to New Members ×

Physics speed hook question

Guest Redman

Guest Redman

I've searched the archives and found that the Burton Physics speed hook set up is only compatible with Burton boots. Does anyone know if there is a way to adapt them to a pair of non Burton boots? I figure not so the logical fix would be toe bails which aren't with the bindings.

Does anyone know where I may be able to get a pair of toe bails? I have emailed Burton but the have not responded as of yet. I also posted for them in the classifieds.

Thanks,

Red

Loose the speed hooks and go with the bails, they're much safer. I have heard one person talking about how they custom drilled and dremelled (sp?) their boots to make a fit with the speed hooks---scary.

I had the same experience with burton and the email thing. However, if you call their customer service number they should be able to get you some toe bails. If you tell them the speed hooks keep breaking (they already know this) they may even send you toe bails for free.

They gave me a lot of spare parts when I was riding the physics. Their customer service on these things is pretty good. If I remember correctly the gal that helped me was Michelle, she was a great help. Good luck!:)