Note to New Members ×

Wanted: Deeluxe Indy (03 or 04) Mondo 30

Guest Fatty Arbuckle

Guest Fatty Arbuckle

Thanks, D-Sub.

I think I'm actually going to hold out and wait for anyone who may have indy's.....or just bite the bullet and get a new set. I prefer boots to be as stiff as possible so I'm guessing the Indy's are my ticket.

Thanks for your offer to help, though.

Best,

Fatty

Guest Fatty Arbuckle

I read the reviews of the Head Stratos Pro and they definitely sound interesting. I'd be interested to hear how people compare the two (Deeluxe Indy).....particularly on stiffness.

I'm 6'4" and 230 and like to ride aggressively.....I'd just like to make sure they are stiff enough.

Any help would be appreciated!

Fatty.

Fatty, I'm a fatty too. I'm 6'3", 255, and I ride fairly agressively. I just bought a pair of Indy's in a 29.0. I also tried on the Head's at the same time. I REALLY wanted the Heads to fit me, but the fit was not the problem. The problem I had was that when I flexed them, it really deformed the shell, and where the shell deformed and broke(lined up with) my foot/leg, it caused alot of bang. That's why I went with the Indys, and Oh yeah, I got the thermo liners too. I'm happy so far with them after a few days of riding, I just need to break them in a little more.

I don't know what your budget is but look here: http://www.bomberonline.com/store/boots/deeluxe_indy.cfm

Fin has the leftover 04's for $399, and 30.0 is one of the two sizes he has left.

There is also an eBay seller in NH, they call themselves either "Snowboards and More" or "PerformanceDownhill". Here is their page for snowboard boots: http://stores.ebay.com/Performancedownhill_Snowboard-Boots_W0QQcolZ2QQdirZQ2d1QQftidZ2QQtZkm

Keep your eye on the prices, about two weeks ago they listed their 2005 Indys aand Suzukas for $325 buy-it-now. I don't know if it was a mistake or not, maybe they were trying to move some stuff over February school vacation. It might be worth a call to see if they have anything last year's that is not on eBay, they will also sell off of eBay.

Good Luck!