Note to New Members ×

Any M@$$holes read the forecast for tomorrow?

mirror70

Guest Pre School Rider

Yeah,you'll be getting some coverage,no doubt! I'd be looking pretty hard at Brodie,as it's further North,and looks to get Some. I'm Looking at mid-VT,which should be about +-15",so Ascutney is on my hit list for Tuesday or Wednesday,although Suicide Six is very affordable on Wed.,$10 for Vermonsters(VT Lic. needed,sorry).I might ride Okemo,too,if it dosen't Rain,Again.

Guest jeffnstefanie

The Biggest problem with Ascutney is when you get to the top you can see Okemo , which is a hundred times better mountain.

Its like Gray Rocks, which is a great place to go if your looking to take a nice picture of Tremblant.

Originally posted by Pre School Rider

Yeah,you'll be getting some coverage,no doubt! I'd be looking pretty hard at Brodie,as it's further North,and looks to get Some. I'm Looking at mid-VT,which should be about +-15",so Ascutney is on my hit list for Tuesday or Wednesday,although Suicide Six is very affordable on Wed.,$10 for Vermonsters(VT Lic. needed,sorry).I might ride Okemo,too,if it dosen't Rain,Again.

Brodie is getting hammered - over a foot alrady at 7pm. Unfortunately it's pure poaching at this time. Those clowns at Jiminy bought it bought two years ago and shut it down - it's now only for tubing - no ski-lifts running, nothing. The Irish alps have fallen. Jiminy itself will be good but I won't give them my business under this regime. I'll be at Bousquet all this week when I can get away, and then at Mt. Slow with the family on the weekend. Stratton would be nice but it's not going to happen for me, alas.

Guest Pre School Rider

Bummer about Brodie! That was one fun hill,definately better than Jiminey.I guess that's one way to deal with the competition,buy 'em out,turn 'em into a non-competitor.That sucks. As for the veiw from Ascutney,on Powder Days,I've got no complaints.Okemo is just too,um,mundane,as often tracked out badly.Worse yet is dodging all those "no Jumping"-because-we're-from-Connecticut-and-scared-of-your-lawyer Signs that're usually right in the middle of the best lines(read,Fast Enough to stay Afloat)on the trails.Nope,I'd rather go fast and fly a bit on soft-snow days.If you can carve on Swithback on a powder day,you'll understand why Condos don't make a Mountain,or even a nice view. [ Last year's radio Ad for Magic- "You can have all the Snowmaking you want on a flat mountain,But It's STILL FLAT."]