Note to New Members ×

practice? practice? .....

Guest kriss

Before I ever even tried to carve a turn I used to "practice" carving whenever I had to traverse across a hill. I did that for years, all the while pondering the way the sidecut made the board carve a shallow curve up the hill.

By the time I tried to start carving turns I was very familiar with the sensation of the board carving a clean line in the snow. I knew what to aim for.

Guest jeremiah

I was already carving somewhat when I came across this site and read all the info. I immediately started working on The Norm, and after a day of that, moved to cross-over, cross-under, and cross-through turns.

I was already pretty much doing cross-over turns on my freeride board, and figuring out cross-under on a freecarve board, but finding this site allowed me to make huge strides in a short amount of time. Then I got my Donek and there has been no looking back.

Jeremiah

I'm with Neil. Self-taught with the instruction manual that came with my Burton Elite 150 (mail order from a Surfer Mag ad).

By the time I found this site, I was way past the norm. I read the other articles, but I prefer video instruction over written instruction. I also liked the riding style at Extremecarving.com. So, I try to follow those set of instructions and video clips.

It would be really nice if there were video clips to accompany the articles in the Bomber files.