Note to New Members ×

SES 2006???

Holly

Scott and I definitely do not want to miss out on SES 2006, soo....

It looks like both SES 2004 & 2005 were held in Aspen Valley. Is it correct to assume this is where it will be held in 2006 too?

It looks like SES 2004 was held 21-27 Feb and SES 2005 was, of course, 13-19 Feb. Any guess on the dates for 2006? Perhaps 18-24 Feb?

Guest Randy S.

Nice Avatar Holly! Is that you at VIR or somewhere similar?

You need to plan a track day trip to California. If you wanted, you could probably do a trip in the summer that would include 7 track day over a 10-day span!

Willow Springs, Streets of Willow, Buttonwillow, Thunderhill (which is in Willows - is there a theme here?), Infineon (aka Sears Point), Laguna Seca, Pahrump, the list goes on. I got addicted last summer and can't wait to get back on the track this year.

I just got my paddock pass for MotoGP at Laguna Seca. I can't wait.

I'm going to make a concerted effort to get to SES next year. I've wanted to do it for years now and something always gets in the way. See you there, I hope.

Randy

Originally posted by Randy S.

Nice Avatar Holly! Is that you at VIR or somewhere similar?

You need to plan a track day trip to California. If you wanted, you could probably do a trip in the summer that would include 7 track day over a 10-day span!

Willow Springs, Streets of Willow, Buttonwillow, Thunderhill (which is in Willows - is there a theme here?), Infineon (aka Sears Point), Laguna Seca, Pahrump, the list goes on. I got addicted last summer and can't wait to get back on the track this year.

I just got my paddock pass for MotoGP at Laguna Seca. I can't wait.

Trust me... I really miss living in California. I've ridden Willow (the big track) a couple times, Laguna (once on my Duc and a couple times on my bicycle (Sea Otter Classic races a few years back) and Mid-Ohio Sportscar Course (the avatar is a shot of me at turn 11 at Mid-Ohio). I haven't made it to any of those other tracks you mentioned in Cali, though I'd like to some day. The Streets of Willow aren't really my style (I like the nice long sweepers like turn 9 on the big track.... kinda like some of those great, long turns going down Montezuma grade into Borrego!). I haven't had a chance to ride VIR yet (a shame too since its not too far from where I live currently).

Originally posted by Randy S.

I'm going to make a concerted effort to get to SES next year. I've wanted to do it for years now and something always gets in the way. See you there, I hope.

Randy

I know what you mean... This year, Scott and I discovered carving a little too late in the game to join in the fun. I'll be changing jobs/employers this fall, and SES is going to be the first vacation request I make:D

Holly