Note to New Members ×

Indy Boot Canting Mod, Strenght Compromised?

DrCR

Thumb_IndyCant.jpg Thumb_InteriorIndyCant.jpg

Hello, I ride 'goofy' and I would like some lateral 'flex' / variable cant on my rear foot. My thought is that I could flip over the pictured washer-looking nut, and loosen it to where the boot would slide up and down on that side (but not too loose to feel wobbly), giving me the equivalent of lateral flex.

Any thoughts or comments? FYI I love the Indys (w/ spring mod) in every way except for lateral flex.

Thanks for the help!

DrCR

_________

Seems like you're trying to make them into softboots? I don't think sideways flex is a good thing in hard boots. If the cuff is digging into your calf, then maybe binding cant is the answer. It's just my opinion, but I think a mod like this would last maybe a day or two and the boot would be trash.

Hi DrCr

I have been using the mod that you are thinking about making for many, years; on a pair of Raichle 325’s. I modified the cant mechanism (325’s) by grinding the teeth off the cant, elongated the slots for more movement and setting them in a free ‘floating’ mode.

This is really a matter of personal preference and the style/technique you prefer. If you feel restricted when riding, as I did, I would make the mode. If you don’t like it, it is cheap and easy to restore it to the original set up.

Rob

Thanks for the input guys. Yeah, I do feel restricted. Maybe just because I'm been racing my skateboard too much (I'm in the southeast), but it feels really weird not being able to change my center of gravity along the board's axis as much as I do when I skateboard/longboard. I can't "slide the dollar" as much as I would like and be comfortable. Part of the issue is that my stance angles are pretty low compared to what a lot of you guys are using. I'm at 45* right now (on a wider cheapo AM Nitro Range Ex). I may just try to force myself to get used to higher angles and get a narrower board so I can still keep a solid edge.

No Chris, I'm not trying to turn Indys into softboots. Indys would definitly be a poor choice for that lol. I'm just trying to get as close as possible to what I've have heard a rare set of Northwaves would give me stock (with some aftermarket springs, of course :D ).

Thanks again,

DrCR

_________