Note to New Members ×

The real conditions in Vermont???

MAD1

Can someone who lives up there or has been there in the last couple of days give me a "real report" as to what the conditions are really like. A couple of friends and myself are planning a to go to Okemo on Friday/Saturday. Just trying to get a good idea of what its like up there since I don't really believe the mountain snow report. Thanks

I was at stratton this past weekend. Saturday, conditions were good, sunday, 5 or so inches of fresh stuff made carving challenging. . .. monday, was cold and windy, but the snow was epic in my opionion. nice and firm, great fun. As we were leaving at 3:00, the snow began. I just dont know if it stayed snow. Locals?

-Todd

Working at the Killington Medical Clinic until the end of next week - mere feet from the Ram's Head chair.

Pretty warm today - saw skiers pushing powder around on Superstar (it's been groomed recently...), but it might have been mashed potatoes from the feel of the air. It will be warm for most of tomorrow rain changing to snow, even at higer elevations) before cooling down enough for them to make snow tomorrw night and through the weekend.

Haven't heard much about the Big O, but I don't think it's substantially colder over there.

Guest hopingforsnow

I was at Okemo last week and the conditions weren't that great. Quite a few trails closed and it was so warm the snow just kept melting. I left on Thurs but awoke to at least 4-5 inches of new snow and it was still coming down. I think they ended up with like 10 inches or so, but if its still been warm up there, prob half of what they got is gone by now. I'd rank the conditions around a 6 out of 10, but I must say they are doing a great job in maintaining what they do have and are trying thier best. Just alot of wet snow. Still hoping for more snow......