Note to New Members ×

Bindings too small for my boots?

SWriverstone

I just got a second SnowPro disk in the mail (thanks Jon!), so I swapped the F2 Carve RS bindings for the SnowPro S-Race bindings.

I measured running length, carefully marked the midpoint, set both bindings equidistant from the midpoint, carefully set my angles (F60/R55), etc. When I was all done, I put in a boot to center it over the binding center.

Hmm...not centered, so I adjusted the bindings to a wider position and got the boots centered.

Finally I tried clipping in at the toe...and had a HARD time doing it! It seems like the bindings might be too small for my M29 boots---is that possible? How hard is it to clip in? Definitely not possible with one hand...and possible with two hands, but I have to use some elbow grease---it's almost warping/depressing the toe of the boot.

I checked SnowPro's website---their current "Race" model bindings come in two sizes---small (US sizes 4-8) and regular (US sizes 5-13).

Waitaminit... <light coming on in brain> ...these bindings are the "Race-S." Hmm...I wondered what that "S" was for! Damn---that means my bindings are too small! AARRGH!!! :( No wonder you got such a good deal on 'em Bryan! :)

Oh well...looks like it's back to the F2s for a while (not that they're bad---they're just not mine.)

Scott

Originally posted by Jon Dahl

am I going to have to send you my extra base plates? Mine are from stepin's and am not sure if they will work, but if you want, I'll mail 'em to you to try.

Gosh Jon, I don't know. <grin> You've gone beyond the call of duty already! I have no clue if those base plates will work or not? Anyone else here know? (Are they for the SnowPro "Race" model binding?)

Scott

of the underside of the plate that they mount to, so I can look and figure it out. If it will work, I'll send out my bases and gaskets for you to transfer all the goodies to. I'm not sure at this stage, but am willing to bet that they might work. Oh yeah, they are from the Fast base model, but the mounting points are the same as my Fast race model.

Guest neilswingler

I've got Snowpro FAST and clip bindings. I don't think you could interchange the base plates.

The clip binding base plate has threaded holes for the heel block. With the stepin, the holes are not threaded.

Hey Scott... sorry to hear about your dilema.... BUT if you want to sell those bindings, let me know. I might want to buy em. I wear a 24.5 so they should fit me! I think I'm going to give up on my soft boots altogether for now. I put my plates on my other board and got to ride it for the first time yesterday. It's a little wierd 'cause my stance is a little wider than on my other board, but I think I can adjust.

Thanks for the suggestions/offers/input everyone. Actually, the F2 bindings Mark lent me are fine, and he said I could just hang on to those as long as I want---I may just give him some cash for them.

I'll post a pic tomorrow Jon of the base plates/gaskets, just in case your idea would work.

Otherwise, sure Kathy---if Bryan S. doesn't want 'em back (and send me a another set), you can have these for a song.

So I'll hang tight for another few days to see if I hear from Bryan.

Scott