Note to New Members ×

Any CO / Aspen weather experts / SES

Ray

Looking at the weather forecast right now, and am not really sure what boards to bring to the SES tomorrow.

Forecast calls for Snow almost every day :mad:

Enough snow for a powder gun / Swallow Tail, or just an all mountain board?

I know it’s hard to predict, but I thought it would be great to get some input from you local experts out there…

Thanks

Ray

Ray, others

there is a strange weather pattern going on. I am predicting that we will not get major dumps but that yes it will snow tomorrow, maybe 4 to 10 inches. that may be the biggest dump of the SES. I'll be riding my 4WD up to 12 inches and then pull out the powder gun (Fish) after that.

The safest call for everyone would be the all mtn board.

Joel

Originally posted by JoelP

Forgot to cover my a$% by saying

"this is Colorado and I reserve the right to change the forcast while being dumped on....."

Joel

Joe,

Arrgghh, and I thought I had a legally binding statement from you :(

Thanks guys for the info!

See ya soooooooon :)

Ray

Wow, all packed up for the SES and totally stocked. I think my Sportube weights in at about 85 pounds now :eek:

Guess I have to pay for some overweight tomorrow morning. Let’s see how United will treat me.

But I have to say, that Sportube is a fantastic think! The last 4 trips I packed 3-4 boards, 2-3 pairs of boots (wife!) and tons of boarding stuff. The tube takes it all in no problem. Only problem is the TSA at the airport! They unpack it again :mad:

This time I use 3 smaller duffle bags, which fit exactly in the Sportube on top of the board… should be a cleaner process.

I decided to leave the Swallowtail at home and bring the Virus Dragster, nice all mountain/BX board…should (hopefully) be ok with it…

Ray

Originally posted by Pat Donnelly

at curbside if at all possible.

BTW - most airlines make you sign a damage waiver if you use a soft sided ski/board bag. We are traveling with two double-ski SporTubes.

Pat, that's what I am going to try...

This Sportube is a hard shell, REALLY strong...

See yaaaaaaaaaa