Note to New Members ×

So Cal Expression Session

AaronG

I decided to take a trip up to Snow Summit today for some midweek carving. I was meeting another fellow carver there, as I was standing in the lift line, a gentleman (Blake) walked up to me and introduced himself. Blake was a fellow carver who just happened to be there today, he was not the person I was planning on meeting but hey more carvers the better right. I took a few runs with Blake and while standing in the lift line again, the person who I was originally meeting shows up (Dave).

Three carvers on the hill at Snow Summit, this has to be a record!! Blake , Dave and I head up the mtn to rip some turns, we take a few runs and meet a guy named Steve, also on a carving setup. The four of us start rippin' turns on Chair 7 and 10. We did a few runs there and decided to head to the bottom, Dave wanted to try my Oxy 185. Blake waved goodbye to us so he could hook up with some friends. Steve was switching from a carving board to carving skis so he said gooodbye too.

We then met another guy in the liftline on a carving setup, (Bruce) but he was with his wife and didn't ride with us. He was a alpine rider nonetheless.

Dave was carving big on the Oxy and I was on the Volant(no comments please). As Dave and I approached the top of the mtn, lo and behold, another carver. This guy was on a MADD, I introduced myself and he said his name was Neil, I put two and two together and asked "are you nekdut from BOL?" "Yes I am" he replied. "I'm oldvolvosrule" I stated. Dave, nekdut, Jackie(nekdut's accomplice) and I head out for some awesome runs.

Snow was great all day, the companionship was awesome and it was just a great day all the way around.

Final tally of carvers today at Snow Summit: 6

I would say that this qualifies for a SoCal Expression Session. And no planning to arrange it either.

Dave, Neil, Jackie, Steve, Blake and Bruce it was a pleasure meeting you guys and riding with some of you. Let do it again soon!!

Remember, shoulders facing the nose, unless you are racing, hands in front and choose an object that you want to ride to!!!!!!

nekdut and jackie have a great time at SES!!

man...I never once considered riding plates at a big bear resort, but I guess during the week theres plenty of room!

When I lived in So Cal, rode plates there all the time (early 90s). Rode Summit and even Bear Mt. - before it became one big terrain park:eek: This is the place where I leaned the ways of the PJ. I remember Summit being a better mountain for carving even then. Rode Snow Valley a few times too (when it had snow).

Come to think of it, most of the time, I rode Big Bear on weekends :eek: Lots o' people, but there always seemed to be enough room to ride.

Aaron,

It was really great meeting you and dave. I've actually never had a chance to make some turns with any other carvers before so it was a lot of fun. Thanks for all of your tips too. It definitely helped on the steeper runs.

Let me know if you want to try out my Donek or Madd some time. I'll try to make it out to Snow Summit sometime soon!