Note to New Members ×

My new Donek Legacy 165

trikerdad

I'm writing this mostly to say thanks to Sean Martin for his quick service and contribution to our sport. 

I've been riding boards in the 172 to 185 range since back in the mid 90's.  I'm 6' 3" and have gone from about 185 lbs back then to about 225 now.  As I grew in "stature" I thought I needed longer and stiffer but, now that I'm 70, I thought I'd try something a little turnier that I could control my speed with and be friendlier when things got crowded.  Two years ago I bought one of Bruces 175 EVCV's (whatever that stands for) at SES, it was a prototype for the Russians and softer than anything he had custom built for me in the past.  It was a step in the right direction and still perfect on those hero days with groomed fresh powder but, I was looking for something for the none hero days.  I demoed one of Sean's Legacy 165's at this years Session in Aspen and immediately ordered one.  Sean called his shop and put it into production the same day.  He kept me informed on it's progress and though it wasn't waiting for me when I go home, it did arrive just two days later.  The Legacy is a glass board with no reverse camber and very light weight.   After ab out 5 days on it, all I can say it's everything I had hoped for.