Note to New Members ×

Lumbar/Back brace question

Mellow Yellow

I have two herniated disks that on occasion rear their ugly heads. They reminded me they were there last week during a boarding trip. My question is... does anyone else suffer an L4/L5 disk problem... or lumbar/lower back problem? What brace/compression shorts/ etc do you ride with? I plan to purchase something in the next week.... so any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jasen

Guest ethanpt

do you have step ins or bails- If you are using bails it is likely that the bending over plus rotation is aggrevating your back. Or your drive to the hill could be aggrevating it. Not sure how much a brace will do for you other than restrict your motion...which may help?

I have step-in's for the reason you mentioned. I ended up buying a lifting brace while on vacation and I was good to go the rest of the trip... but the brace is not made for the movements associated with riding so I was constantly adjusting it. One of the fellows I ride with has the same issue and as recommended the type of brace he uses.... I just want to see what other options are out there!