Note to New Members ×

Boot Liner Differences

Carp

I'm wondering what makes a good boot liner and what's better intuition, thermoflex, other? I was looking at buying the 141's to replace my 10 yr old liners that have been molded 4-5x and likely packed out contributing to my shin bang.

Go!

http://www.palau-boutique.com/overlap-hard-ski-boot-liners-palau,us,4,PAL-OVHARD.cfm

I am happy with Palua hard/wrap. Thermo fabric and foam (Thermoflex) wore or broke down in the heel after three seasons. Paula holding up fine after two seasons. Just switched them out of Track 700's and into new UPZ 10's. 

EDIT:  The Palua seemed to have a bit more moldable foam in the shaft area than the Thermoflex.  I achieved a more comfortable fit in the second season / second baking.  During the first bake I buckled just into the first or loosest position; second time around, I tightened up into the second notch which provided a better fit and comfort.  Toes had a bit of wiggle room, and I did have a toe box on during both moldings.  

Edited by Pat Donnelly