Note to New Members ×

Splitboard/multipurpose travel board

BKcarver

I've been looking around for a multipurpose travel board. 160<? Not much opportunity for me to go off piste in recent years (until last season). Now I've been bitten by the powder bug again and trying to get myself on a flight to anywhere!

I've been researching everything from splitboard to bx

Any suggestions/offers?

i can't imagine a bx board being good for deep powder? You would not need a splitboard unless you will be riding backcountry and hiking for your turns. I would reccomend a dupraz for a good all purpose board that excells in powder. You can ride it with hard or soft boots .There are many videos on you tube about the Dupraz. You can buy a Dupraz at All board sports in Boulder,CO. watch the videos as there are reviews of the board and riding in both hard and soft boots. i have been riding one since 2003.I only ride mine on powder days or a slushy spring day as i have other boards to ride. I do like the Dupraz the best for powder and slush.

Thanks for the tip... The trick here is flexibility. If I found myself in another part of the world with rabid zombies on my tail and absolutely had to get to salvation with all my skier "friends" who would gladly give the knuckle dragger up to save their own arses and the only way to do that would be...

A Seth Westcot split with modified AT step ins from Phantom

(what I've come up with so far because there aren't a lot of options it there for trenchers)

That was #2 on the wish list for sure. I liked the sound of the engineering... Forming the two sides individually rather than splitting the board after the fact just sounds logical.

Right now I'm stuck on minor compatibility issues. From what I've read AT boots won't fit into any of my td's (because I'll never go anywhere without a carving deck) but I might have a shot with my old cateks.

Any insights are welcome and appreciated.