Note to New Members ×

Free Surf snowboards

Shredbet

Hey everybody I'm a new member but have been following the forum for some time now. Awhile ago there was talk about the old Republic of Free Surf snowboards, anyways I'm a bit of a collector for the old boards and im always trying to find more. I currently have a decent collection including 2 Highlanders, Mustang, Rebel, Powder, and a newer Arc Angel. If anybody knows of any older freestyle boards for sale I would really appreciate it. Thanks!

Hi there, You might want to reach Sebastien Perret at Phenix Snowboards

He is a former freesurf guy

The rest of the team is now in the Bohème ski / snowboard team...maybe its another possible source.

Their biggest market was France, so its better to look there I guess

Loved the mustang!

Had a highlander but it was too narrow and stiff for my tastes brrr..

Nils

Hi,

I have a Freesurf. I think it's a Highlander. It's blue. I had the Mustang which was blonde wood and this is the same model from the year after. I bought it in France and it's the best board I have EVER owned. I probably put about 17 days on it and it still has lot of camber. It has Burton hard bindings. I just bought a Kessler which I love and I am trying to decide if I should keep it as a second board or sell it...

Keep and ride the Highlander from Republic of Freesurf. If you have the the no-cap Highlander SL (150/155/160), you have exact the opposite of a Kessler shape too.

Kessler is smaller on tail, Highlander smaller on nose.

Kessler has wide SCR at feets, Highlander has small SCR between feets

Kessler has small SCR on nose/tail, Highlander has wide SCR before-on/on-after feets.

And by the way, Republic of Freesurf are the only raceboards ever on World, which had been made in a Winter-Olympics town - Grenoble - embeded in mountains!

http://xtupload.com/image.php?id=ACA2_53C98209&jpg.jpeg

Edited by snowmatic

He, he, Prior is made in the Winter-Olympics village, Whistler. Option (and Arbor while made by Option) used to be made in what became Winter-Olympic city, Vancouver. 

I have that Highlander SL 155, matic is talking about. Interesting board. Way too soft for me, I guess due to it's age. 

I also have a 167 light wood cap and 167 dark wood sidewall. The 2nd one is way stiffer then the first one. The cap is easy to ride and has pretty good edge hold. Stances are quite narrow on all of these, for today's standards. 

A NOS Swallowtail 183 has been sitting in my garage for several years. Seems to built specifically for hard boots, as it is only 22.5cm at the waist and very, very stiff. It's a thing of beauty, I'm waiting for very special conditions before I take it out... 

http://bomber.invisionzone.com/uploads/monthly_04_2011/post-1678-141842343556.jpg

Edited by BlueB

Hey Pilot I love them all and if you ever decide let me know. I'm searching for some of the old freestyle boards and older than 94 carvers. BlueB I think your dark wood is the last year for Free Surf. My brother bought that one in a 168, it's one of my favorites. I bought the Arc Angel an all mountain board from that same year, great board. Does your dark wood have two colors on the sidewalls? Nice pic by the way. I'll try and get a pic of my collection posted.

Edited by Shredbet