Note to New Members ×

Please help with boot sizing!

vitger

Guest jono1200

I take it you can't try them on first....

I think there are two ways to look at this: If you get the one that are .5 size to big, adding some footbeds like Superfeet is an easy way to take up some volume. That said, if they're more than a hair too big, footbeds won't be enough and your feet will roll in the boots, your heels will lift and 1) your efforts will be lost in moving your foot in the boot, not transferred to your board and 2) you'll get blisters.

The other way to go is with the smaller boots: Ride them a couple of time to pack out the liners bit (which happens fast with Burton's ****ty liners). Then, if there are some areas where you feel pressure, take the boots to a fitter and get them to blow out the shells in those spots. With a .5 size difference, it shouldn't take much. Liners (non thermo-fit ones) can be stretched a bit by a boot fitter too.

Burton liners fit like ass plain and simple. Maybe you're lucky and have the feet that designers had in mind when they made them, but if you're like the other 99.8% of us, look for some Thermoflex liners. I have Reactors and my T-flex liners were the best money I've ever spent...ahhh comfort. I also couln't get my size (12.5) and bought small boots. Blowing them out and replacing the liner has worked but the best solution would be to buy the right size.

Jonathan