Note to New Members ×

Which boots?

lamby

I want to purchase new boots from Bomber. Can anyone give me any advice, or give me instructions on how to do a productive "search" for this topic?

I'm a strong rider who enjoys everything from hard carving on the cord to chopping thru crud to riding powder in plates. I've been in Raichle 324's most recently, having installed race tongues to stiffen them up.

I'm wondering if I want to go with the Deeluxe 700's, 325's, or Free 69t

I was thinking I would go with the 700's, because I like a stiff boot, but I understand that the 700's are designed to flex laterally. The type of Deeluxe/Raichle's I've been riding flex fore to aft. I'm not sure if I would like the lateral flex of the 700's. Anyone out there have any feedback - did you go from 325's to 700's and like the change, or dislike the change in feel?

Michelle at Bomber has been super helpful in helping me get many questions answered, but I thought I'd reach out to others in the community to see if anyone has any recommendations. Michelle informs me that if I want to go with the fore/aft flex type Deeluxe that I might also want to consider the 69t, as it is stiffer than the 325's.

Any thoughts friends? Thank you in advance!

PS-perhaps I should not be so hung up on looking for stiff boots, but in the past I've liked the feeling I get when I've gone to stiffer set-ups. Any arguments out there for a less stiff boot set-up?

I went from super stiff UPZ RTR to Track 225 to white Track 700s with red tongues. I like the 700s the best since they flex the appropriate amount for me and have BTS on them. The RTR was way to stiff and I couldn't absorb the chop/crud. The 225s didn't fit that great with the wide heel and narrow toe box, the flex was too weird for me too. The 700s fit nice and the flex for me is fine. I ride alpine and powder with these. In the powder I usually loosen the top two buckles one latch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't underestimate movement! Too stiff and I find I lose a lot of control. You have to find that sweet spot.

Liner can have a big effect on stiffness and overall feel of the boot, and if you find the boot to be too stiff you could always throw on a BTS or get a softer liner or a softer tongue. I don't have any experience with the Deeluxe line but I ride UPZ RC10's and they are just about right for me, if not a tiny little bit stiff.