Note to New Members ×

WTB: TD1 Rear Bail Springs

Chubz

Looking for any extra rear bail springs for TD1's as they are sold out on Bomber. I have heard there are heavy duty ones. If so interested in those.

Additionally, is it feasible to give the old spring its "twang" back by using a vice and twisting with vice grips in the direction needed to reload the spring???

Greg,

You might try/end up/want to send the heel bail assy (with the baseplate) to Bomber now or at the end of this season for a retrofit. I've done that with two heel bails in the past 3 or 4 years. The retro doesn't include the upgrade to TD2 spring tension. Contact Fin or Michelle before you do this to make sure they are still offering this service. If I remember correctly, each heel bail retrofit runs about 35 clams.

Or, save the doh! and get a couple of mini-bungee cords and wrap each (front binder and rear binder) around the disc under the baseplate and pinch the hooks onto the heelbail stems with a pair of needle-nose pliers. Voile', you've got a pair of TD1's with a Redneck upgrade. :)

Mark

I think you may have replied to one of my other posts with the bungee cord idea. I currently have my own hill billy rig of an old boot string tied directly to the rear bail. It looks tacky but it works like a gem. If I hold off to next season, I'm gonna just pick up a new set of TD2 or Catek SI's. Got to see a set of new Catek up close this morning and I was very impressed with the adjustability of them.

Thanks Again

GReg