Note to New Members ×

sweet spot

Guest tigger

the sweet spot was often mentioned, but never discussed in detail. i d like to hear a definition, how to find it, what it does , how big is it,does it make me fat, is there a greyzone, does it move in different conditions and terrains, how is it effected by the construction of a board........perhaps some examples of your boards and experiences.

..so many questions such limited languge:(

someone might find better words to introduce the toppic

I have always thought of it as the range of motion that you are allowed while riding that still keeps the board carving. Some boards allow you to be far out of position and still ride well (forgiving performance) while others require. that your body position is exact for proper carving (demanding performance). This could be applied to the initiation of the carve, the carve itself, or the finish of the carve. Not sure if that helps, but perhaps it's a start.

stiffer boards have a bigger sweetspot, i guess.

what i noticed when comparing my old Renntiger 63SL to other the carvingboards i know(pogo some virus), it has a rather small sweetspot. (friend of mine tells the same about his hot blast).

is it the nature of racing/slalom boards to have a small sweetspot?

are stiffer boards more foregiving?

just came across Kents teaser thread

http://www.bomberonline.com/VBulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3996&highlight=titanal where bruce writes his new raceboard for jaseyJ were so soft they might throw the average carver "over the handlebar". so a highsider would be the indicator for beeing out of the sweet spot.

No, I don't think stiffer boards are more forgiving, I think it has less to do with "stiffnesss" and more to do with the overall flex and the board construction. A very stiff board with softer nose and tail would have a small sweet spot, or a board with less camber would have a smaller swee tspot than one with more camber. Of course, just when you think you know the rules, some kind of exception appears...............