Note to New Members ×

TD2 shocks

mtnpig

Has anyone mixed shocks in a pair? Ex. yellow front/prurple back etc. Do you fell they react independant of each other or are they a matched pair. Also wondering if anyone plays with bindings being offset from the board centerline. As always I realize the type of riding one does would affect these preferences or not, decisions.

mtnpig, No experience with the Elastimer ring, sorry man.

But I adjust my binding offset from the centerline!

Lets see if I understood it the way you mean it.

I set my bindings so the front is moved more to the toe edge and the rear binding more to the heel edge. I would say about a ¼ to ½ inch depending on the board. Basically set to the max without getting overhang. But remember, the waist of my boards is only about 17cm. I think you can not do that on a board with a19 –21cm waist. This way I just feel more stable and think to get more pressure on the edges…

I talked to some people about it and many disagree, but some never went back to the 100% centered set-up after giving it a try.

Ray

mtnpig,

You most certainly could use different E-Rings on each binding if you wanted to do some "fine-tuning". Not sure what the goal would be, but if you have something in mind you can do it. I have had people ask about going "harder" on the front and "softer" on the rear, but I have not tried this myself so cannot give an opinion on doing this. If you try it, please let us know here. :cool:

As far as mounting the TD2 "off center" I am assuming you mean to turn the Center Disk 90 degres so you can move the binding width-wise across the board? If so I would have to say I do not recommend this. I believe you would cause some strange issue with the way the boards flexs and possibly put "new" strains on the inserts we have never seen. If your goal is to get your foot centered on the board I would do this by moving the Sole Blocks back and forth until your foot is centered. Or maybe you have another reason for trying this?

Yeah Ray, I was going to try just what you mentioned in moving the toe and heel block assembly, and Fin (thanks for taking the time to answer cuz you must be reeeaaallll busy at this time) i was going to try what you said about the shocks (hard front/soft rear) to get rid of some of the chatter on heelside. I also put my back foot about .5cm further back which hooks up much better. I was just thinking of a motorcycle type suspension where the front and rear are independent but need to work with each other. Thanks again for your time. Ray I'll be at Mammoth next weekend the 28-30th.