Note to New Members ×

Whistler 2014: 1/16 to 1/20

Hey neighbors up north!

I'm going to be in town with a lot of soft boot friends for the weekend and I'm looking for some local intel on runs to ride and avoid. I'm bringing both soft and hard boots. I'm hoping I can stay hard all day (pun intended). I'm also looking for local riders to ride with. I'm planning on riding Friday, Saturday and Monday. Sunday is dog sledding and zip lining.

I can be contacted privately through the email feature and will share my phone number then.

Hope to see some alpine boards this weekend...

Edited by breesej

Hey neighbors up north!

I'm going to be in town with a lot of soft boot friends for the weekend and I'm looking for some local intel on runs to ride and avoid. I'm bringing both soft and hard boots. I'm hoping I can stay hard all day (pun intended). I'm also looking for local riders to ride with. I'm planning on riding Friday, Saturday and Monday. Sunday is dog sledding and zip lining.

I can be contacted privately through the email feature and will share my phone number then.

Hope to see some alpine boards this weekend...

I will be there Saturday, but will be on skis as we continue to get my little guy skiing. So no snowboarding for me for now.

Here are some key runs on Whistler and Blackcomb (i.e. personal favorites while on plates)

Whistler;

- Dave Murray downhill to Pony trail. Bottom half of Dave's is likely not open yet, but if it is, its a great, fun, long, leg-burning run to Creekside

- Franz's run if its a first run of the day, otherwise gets skied off very very quickly (Fishbowl is awesome if groomed)

- Saddle if clear (flat-light otherwise)

- Raven (hard, and under-used off Garabonzo)

- Ptarmagin (if open inthe afternoon - always closed for race training, but has sweet grooming)

- Bottom-half of the mountain...only at the end of the day

Blackcomb;

- Springboard

- Ross' Gold

- Cloud Nine

- Panorama

- Cougar Milk and some runs off Jersey Cream are ok if not too busy

- B-line off Glacier

- Rock-n-roll area off Crystal is nice

I'm not sure of the grooming plans or what is open after all the snow this past weekend. For plates, first half of the day is great, take a really early lunch, and you should be able to manage the crowds until 1ish...

Have a great weekend, if I see you, I will try to track you down.

-Gord

Thanks for the local intel. I'm going to try to get out and ride early in the AM, but the whiskey is flowing tonight. Look for an alpine boarder wearing a neon green helmet, mustard yellow jacket and blue or white pants. Come say "hi".

I'll update this thread with weather and snow conditions at the end of the day since I don't have cellular data.