Note to New Members ×

New Soft Boot Bindings

Me:

Riding 23 years. Vermont on Alpine gear for many years, then moved to Cali 12 years ago and ride Tahoe exclusively.

Boots; Burton malamute.

Last 10 years freecarving on a Palmer Honeycomb with Flow Bindings.

Powder Days Burton Malolo with Drake Podium bindings. Aluminum base carbon highback.

Okay jsut picked up a slightly used Demo Jones Flagship (not the carbon version). This is a curent 2013/2014 model. I have not ridden ths board yet.

QUESTION:

I need to put new bindings on this board as my flows broke last day of the season last year.

Considering: 2014 Burton Diode, 2014 Flux DM, 2014 Flow NX2 RS, 2014 Union Charger. Anyone use any of these?

I live in Santa Cruz and there isnt a whole lot you can pick up and actually check out binding wise around here. Even in San Jose pretty limited. Sales staff?? Ya right.

I used to be a big fan of the Flows but they did seem to cause lots of pressure on the top of the feet when really cranked down. I never tried the new toe cap strap deisgn on most all soft bindings. People say that it really locks you in?

Should I stick with Flow or move on. Kind of sick of all there moving parts. What bindings do you use on your freeriding boards and how do they hold up?

Thanks

Lee

Edited by weatherguy777